How to Crochet a Tiny Basket or Pencil Cup
This site contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Your support is appreciated!
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog About Crochet. We hope you are very well and looking forward to a new Free Crochet Pattern or Tutorial.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
How to Crochet a Versatile Pencil Holder from Recycled Cans
Are you looking for a fun and easy crochet project that can be both practical and decorative?
This tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a versatile basket using recycled cans and your crochet skills.
😍 Best Crochet Deals 👇🏼
- A clean and dry can (such as a soup can)
- Worsted weight yarn in the color of your choice
- Crochet hook size G/4.0mm
- Tapestry needle
- Start by cleaning and drying your can thoroughly. Remove any label or sticky residue.
- With your chosen yarn and hook, make a slipknot and insert it into the can.
- Crochet single crochet stitches around the circumference of the can until you reach the desired height. You can choose to make it shorter or taller depending on your needs.
- Once you reach the desired height, finish off your last stitch and cut the yarn, leaving a long tail.
- Using the tapestry needle, weave the tail in and out of the stitches on the last row. Tie a knot to secure it in place.
- You can add a decorative touch by crocheting a few rounds of single crochet stitches in a contrasting color around the top of the basket.
That's it! You now have a cute and functional pencil holder or small basket that you can use to organize your desk or any other space in your home.
This project is also a great way to upcycle and give a second life to old cans that would otherwise end up in the trash.
You can experiment with different yarn colors and stitch patterns to create a unique and personalized look for your basket.
This simple tutorial is also great for beginners who are looking to improve their crochet skills!
Images and patterns courtesy of crochetwithjulie.com
Enjoy This Video Tutorial About How to Crochet a Tiny Basket or Pencil Cup
Source: Crochet With Julie
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive awesome free crochet patterns, just like this, delivered straight to your inbox!!
😍 Would you like to be able to access 100% ad-free printable PDF crochet patterns? 💚 Click here and discover how to achieve it! 🥰
Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Crochet Board on Pinterest! 😊
Ok, That is all for now…
If you enjoyed this article please, Share and Like our Facebook Page. Thanks.
See you in the next post, Have a Wonderful Day!
You may also like 👇🏼👇🏼