What Is the Tom Brady Diet?

Tom Brady is widely known for his seven Super Bowl victories and strict performance-enhancing diet. The NFL quarterback eats primarily plant-based with a focus on anti-inflammatory and alkalizing foods that are almost always organic and locally sourced.

When he consumes animal products, they are usually lean protein sources like fish. As the longest-serving quarterback in NFL history to start and win a Super Bowl, Brady regularly makes sports headlines.

In recent years, Brady's diet has garnered almost as much attention as his performance on the field. People became interested in his diet when he revealed that he mainly ate vegetables.

The Tom Brady diet, also known as the TB12 diet, is a plant-based high protein diet that excludes gluten, dairy, corn, soy, monosodium glutamate, coffee, alcohol, GMOs, sugar, trans fats, and over-processed foods. And more. Some fruits and vegetables, such as belladonna, are prohibited, as are certain oils.

While Tom Brady's diet rules are strict, the plan is rich in nutrients and designed to minimize or eliminate certain foods that he believes can cause inflammation.

Brady claims that his diet increases energy, prevents bone damage, improves athletic performance, and increases recovery.

Like many professional athletes and celebrities, Brady and his supermodel's wife, Gisele Bundchen, have private chefs who prepare healthy meals for his family.

The couple's former personal chef, Allen Campbell, worked with Brady to develop the TB12 Nutrition Handbook, which focuses on a vegan diet and local, organic, and seasonal produce.

Tom Brady's diet inspired his best-selling book of 2017, "The TB12 Method: How to Achieve a Life of Sustained Peak Performance." The book details the benefits of his anti-inflammatory and alkalizing diet and features recipes developed by Campbell, who is certified in herbal nutrition.

While the effects of the TB12 method seem obvious given his successful soccer career spanning 10 Super Bowls, keep in mind that Brady does not have a degree in nutrition or health.

What can you eat

Many foods are eliminated on the TB12 diet, including nightshade vegetables and foods that contain gluten, dairy, corn, soy, and monosodium glutamate (MSG).

Coffee and alcohol are not allowed, and foods that contain GMOs, sugar, or trans fats are not allowed. The diet focuses on consuming whole foods rather than processed ones.

The plan follows an 80/20 pattern, consisting of about 80% vegetables, whole grains, and beans. The other 20% is lean meat. Certain fruits are also consumed, and protein powders, protein bars, nuts, and seeds are in regular rotation.

Snacks on Tom Brady's diet generally include dehydrated fruits, raw vegetables with hummus or guacamole, a protein bar, or bone broth.

 

Enjoy Watching This Video About What Is the Tom Brady Diet?

Source:TB12 Sports

Did you find this post useful or inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your Fitness Board on Pinterest!

Ok, That is all for now…

If you enjoyed this article please, Share and Like it. Thanks.
See you in the next post, Have a Wonderful Day!

 

You may also like 👇🏼👇🏼

Go up